In the year 1907 Aerzener Maschinenfabrik Adolph Meyer is transformed into GmbH (limited liability company), Hermann Allstaedt becomes Managing Director and first associate. Under his direction Aerzener Maschinenfabrik expands the export business: Especially stone splitting machines and drop hammers are delivered to Russia and China, in Europe blowers and industrial facilities made by Aerzener are in demand.
In the year 1909 the 10.000th blower is delivered. Blowers made by Aerzener are also used in fields, which seem to be exotic from today’s view, such as the „modern dedusting plant system Aerzen“. This concerns a tube system, with which an entire house could be freed from dust. Pneumatic delivery units were also operated with Aerzen Positive Displacement blowers. From 1929 on scavenging blowers and superchargers for combustion engines are also delivered and soon become a big seller.
Another important step of specialisation is made in the year 1930 : Aerzener Maschinenfabrik includes Rotary piston gas meters in the manufacturing program, at the same time the foundry is shut down, and several products are excluded from the range of products. This revision of the range of products is an important step in direction towards a special factory for Positive Displacement machines. This concentration on a few products makes it possible for Aerzener Maschinenfabrik, to expedite their further technical development with all efforts. The customers appreciate these practice-oriented innovations. Soon, Aerzener Maschinenfabrik has a high reputation beyond the German borders. Machines made by Aerzener are used in coal mining, in chemical industry, in gas works, in paper industry and many other fields.
In 1936 the 20.000th blower is manufactured. At the end of the thirties the number of employees increases permanently, major export orders are to be handled: In the Soviet Union oil fields are opened, Aerzener Maschinenfabrik delivers special Positive Displacement blowers to do this.
A generational change took place in the year 1942: With the death of Hermann Allstaedt an era ends. His son-in-law, Dipl.-Ing. Karlheinrich Heller, takes over the Management of Aerzener Maschinenfabrik. In the middle of World war II and against the advice of experts he dares the next step: The development of the first useful Screw compressor. In 1943 production starts. In cooperation with a Swedish engineering company, today Messrs. SRM, Aerzener does a pioneer work which is recognized worldwide.
The review will be continued in the following issue of our customer journal and newsletter.