In 1945, at the end of World War II, the company management saves the factory from the complete disassembling. In this difficult period of time, in Aerzen especially repairs are carried out on blowers, gas meters and machines for agricultural use. Moreover Aerzener Maschinenfabrik produces devices to facilitate everyday life for the people, such as beet juice squeezers, oil mills and devices for producing beet schnaps – as also for these times a proverb applies: “As long as the beets are growing, we have schnaps in Lower Saxony.” In 1950 the large number of Aerzen product types is reorganized according to a modular construction system – an important step in direction to efficient production: With a few additional parts various machine designs can now be manufactured.
In 1951 the employees receive for the first time a financial profit bonus, which is increased in the following years. In 1954 in addition a company pension scheme is introduced. In the years of the economic boom Aerzener Maschinenfabrik grows persistently. The production of scavenging blowers and superchargers for ships and truck-motors in the Hamelin branch at that time in 1959 reaches record level: More than 1.000 of such blowers are manufactured every month. And also in the Aerzen parent company there is a lot going on: As first new building after the World War today’s hall 3 is built. More space is urgently required – the 100.000th Positive Displacement blower is dispatched at that time. After the death of Karlheinrich Heller in the year 1960 Dipl.-Ing Paul Grote takes over the Management. In manufacturing technology meanwhile new paths are forged, concerning rotor production and housing machining ultra-modern special machines are used. In 1962 today’s hall 4 is built and the Hamelin branch is integrated into the factory in Aerzen. Starting from the sixties the piston profiles for the blowers are no longer planed, but milled with a horizontal milling machine, which increases quality and performance considerably. In 1964 Aerzener Maschinenfabrik celebrates the 100th anniversary. The workshop on the Grießebach developed into a worldwide recognized company, having business relations with companies in more than 70 countries. More than half of the goods produced are exported.
In 1965 Business School Graduate Hasso Heller takes over the Management. New buildings are constructed, the number of goods produced increases further. Especially concerning screw compressors the development is remarkable: In 1967 the first special air compressors are manufactured, in 1968 compressors with oil injection for refrigeration technology. Two years later Aerzener Maschinenfabrik proudly presents worldwide the first double-stage oilfree compressed air compressor.
The foundation of Aerzen France in 1969 is the starting signal for the development of Aerzener Maschinenfabrik into an international group of companies. In the following years further subsidiary companies are founded. The social change of that time does not spare Aerzener Maschinenfabrik: “Leadership in relation to the colleagues” is the name of the new guideline of leadership of the company based on partnership in 1972, with which the colleagues are to be encouraged to performance, creativity and independent, critical thinking. Also concerning the working time Aerzener Maschinenfabrik is pioneer: In 1973 already the first flexible working hours- regulation is introduced.